Senior Copywriter - New Business
Acquity Group's national Creative organization focuses on understanding our clients' businesses and customers, identifying innovative paths for growth and creating engaging multi-channel experiences. Our deep expertise across those capabilities and the smart, talented and collaborative group of problem-solvers we've assembled are the key reasons Ad Age ranks us as one of the Top 5 Independent Digital Agencies in the country.
Acquity Group’s regional Creative studios bring together the essential disciplines needed to create meaningful customer experiences through a marriage of creative concepts, desirable content and functionality and an unparalleled user experience. Our team of Interaction Designers, Visual Designers, Front-End Developers, Content & Branding experts tap their innate curiosity and commitment to their craft in order to create memorable experiences across a rapidly evolving set of customer touch points.
Our Experience Design group is looking for a talented and driven Proposal Writer to join our Business Development team. Our perfect candidate is curious, collaborative, steeped in digital, a logical thinker, not rattled by tight deadlines, and a buttoned-up writer for whom “close enough” isn’t. The people you’d work with are curious and collaborative, too. They’re also generally helpful, across-the-board smart, funny, entrepreneurial, and uncompromising on the quality of our work.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working closely with our BizDev Director and folks from our Visual Design, Interaction Design and Content teams to develop pitch decks, RFPs, and RFIs that win new work and current clients (okay, you need to be really good at this)
- Working closely with SMEs across disciplines and business units to write new content and refine existing content
- Helping manage our response from the time it hits our desk to when it goes out the door
- Crafting and refining how we explain the evolving Acquity Group story
- Translating and contextualizing highly technical concepts and jargon into ideas that resonate with and marketing and brand professionals
- Coordinating the flow of information and ensuring that we’re answering RFP’s 60 questions in a consistent and thoughtful way
- Working on multiple, complex responses at the same time
- Developing a library of re-usable content to help shorten response cycles and ensure our brand’s consistent voice
- Sculpting 100 words that ramble into 45 words that sing
- Putting yourself into the client’s mindset and digging into what the RFP’s actually asking
- Proofreading and explaining why you like (or don’t like) the serial comma
- Ensuring that we never use “ninja” to describe a person’s skill set or a capability
- Previous proposal or technical writing
- 3+ years in an agency or consulting environment
- Word, PowerPoint, and Acrobat expert
- Familiarity with Adobe InDesign
Education and Experience
Bachelor’s Degree required in English or Journalism (or equivalent experience)
25% more or less depending on project; candidate should be comfortable with travel and overtime as client commitment requires
ABOUT ACQUITY GROUP
Acquity Group is a leading global brand eCommerce and digital marketing company, creating award-winning digital experiences for global brands. Our multi-disciplinary approach brings together strategy, design, and technology to create brand-unique experiences that build unbreakable customer relationships. Acquity Group is headquartered in Chicago, with offices across the U.S.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes medical PPOs, dental, and vision insurance, flexible spending, a health savings account, and a 401(k). We cover the cost of your life and AD&D insurance, plus short- and long-term disability coverage. In addition to offering a competitive base salary and paid time off, some of our positions provide an opportunity to earn variable compensation, designed to reward employees who demonstrate outstanding performance. Acquity Group is an equal opportunity employer.